- Mix the butter with the sugar and treacle, then add the rum.
- Make a split through the inside curve of each banana skin – be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Spread a spoonful of the spiced butter inside each skin.
- Then, place the bananas curve side up onto sheets of foil. Ensure you have enough to wrap each banana completely.
- Crimp the foil to make a parcel and place onto the embers for approx. 15 minutes.
- Turn the bananas once during the cooking process.
- Take them off the BBQ carefully and unwrap, checking they’re sticky and caramelised. Cook for longer if needed.
- Then, simply serve with a scoop of ice cream.
50g butter,softened - 350131
40g soft brown sugar - 320921
1-2 tsp treacle - from your store cupboard 1-2 tbsp spiced rum - from your store cupboard
6 unpeeled bananas - 601791
Ice cream - to serve, why not try our treacle ice cream 810880