Barbecued Rum & Caramel Bananas
A super simple weekend treat
- 50g butter,softened - 350131
- 40g soft brown sugar - 320921
- 1-2 tsp treacle - from your store cupboard
- 1-2 tbsp spiced rum - from your store cupboard
- 6 unpeeled bananas - 601791
- Ice cream - to serve, why not try our treacle ice cream 810880
Mix the butter with the sugar and treacle, then add the rum. Make a split through the inside curve of each banana skin – be careful not to cut all the way through.
Spread a spoonful of the spiced butter inside each skin, then place the bananas curve side up onto sheets of foil. Ensure you have enough to wrap each banana completely.
Crimp the foil to make a parcel and place onto the embers for approx. 15 minutes. (Turn the bananas once during the cooking process)
Take them off the BBQ carefully and unwrap, checking they’re sticky and caramelised. Cook for longer if needed.
Simply serve with a scoop of ice cream.